Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!
If it has been awhile since you have attended Sunday Mass–now is the time. In fact, that is the first thing you should do. Your desire for your child to receive the Sacrament of Baptism just might be the vehicle that God chose to bring you back to His Church. Welcome Home.
Whatever the case is, we look forward to helping you prepare for your child’s entrance into God’s family, the Church!
We are eager to have your child baptized, but because baptism changes our souls forever (and therefore our whole lives), we take great care to help each family properly prepare. Baptism is not just about the day your child is Baptized, it is also about the responsibility and mission that comes after it.
Here are the steps for the preparation process.
There are two basic aspects:
a). Discussion and Formation
b). Paperwork – (you know it’s your favorite)! It’s not complicated, but please note that this process may take four to six weeks, so we encourage you to start right away (i.e. as soon as you start sharing the news that you are expecting with your family and friends).
Letter To Parents From The Pastor
Baptismal Registry Information Form
Baptism Request Form
Godparent Application Form
Submit the “Baptism Request Form” indicating your preferred date.
*The date will not be confirmed until paperwork has been turned in!
- The 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 10:00am each month are our normal times.
- A different Saturday can be considered upon request.
- Email it to Rob or drop it off at the Parish Center office or in the collection basket.
We will set you up with:
- A short class conducted by a parishioner.
- An interview with a pastoral staff member.
- The opportunity to answer any of your questions.
- The order of these can be flexible, but we need to have all your paperwork/information before finalizing the date of the baptism.
- It is also really vital that you and your family make coming to weekly Mass a priority.
Please also feel free to contact us with any questions you ahve as you go along. We are happy to help!
God bless as you bring new life to His Church!